Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

FUNNY MUSIC MONEY

FUNNY TOUR MONEY
How to pay for tours. "Pay for tours"? You may ask. And I say. "YES, PAY TO TOUR"!

I know that a surprising amount of people feel very entitled. I'm not quite sure if it's ego or just not being educated but I find that the entitlement that musicians feel is usually very unrealistic. So here is the truth you are probably going to have to pay to tour. It came as a shock to me that most musicians that I've worked with really expect to make money touring straight out of the gate.

All musicians have mixed feelings about what it's okay to spend money on. Is it okay to pay to play? Is it okay to pay to tour? Look the thing of it is, as a musician you're a business, and any business needs money to operate.

PAY DUES notice the first word here. PAY.
Not a whole lot of artists want to come out and admit, hey look I paid for this career, so I guess it makes sense that most young artists believe what they see so they think that all of these musicians are out there making big money.

This is a big part of why I think this blog is so important,realistically most musicians are actively and purposely covering up all of the difficulty endured through their career. When all musicians only put off the persona of the rock star,it's no surprise that these young musicians don't even understand what paying dues means.

Long story short make as much money as you can, save as much money as you can, and invest is much money as you can into your music career. In my next post I will give advice on how to make money and not give up touring.


FAN2FAM

Location:Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment